About Geomatrix Earth Science Limited
Geomatrix Earth Science Ltd offer Geophysical equipment to buy and rent. Geomatrix Earth Science Ltd was formed in 1995 in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire. Geomatrix Earth Science employ both qualified geophysicists and electronic engineers that can offer advice based upon formal training and practical experience.
Geomatrix Earth Science Ltd offers one of the largest short term hire pool of near surface Geophysical Instrumentation in Europe. As a leading company within geophysical sales and rentals they are committed to providing unbeatable service, value and equipment to their customers.
The Project Brief
Geomatrix are an existing client and we have worked closely with them for several years. Initially, around 2009 in a revamp of their first website and then on-going monthly support since then until the present day and for the foreseeable future.
The time had arrived for a fresh approach and new strategy for the website, to bring it up to date in terms of technology, but also to enhance it for their ever-growing product range. We sat down and discussed the project and the core requirements of the brief were:
- Revamp all product pages to include much more comprehensive information, which included, galleries, videos, data sheets, related downloads, cross promotion of products and accessories.
- Requirement for a comprehensive CMS facility to manage all the website content and images; with the ability to easily create pages, news, events, products, accessories and cross relationships.
- Perform full content and structure review and reconfigure of the ease of access to information, as it should be more comprehensive and complete.
- Generate better conversion and promotion over their rental products, making it easy to highlight products that can be rented and/or purchased.
- Create a fully responsive and device optimised website that adhered to modern standards and practices.
- Keep any existing features, such as news, events and online tools.
- Provide consultation and support for an intern who would be writing online tool and website apps.
- Continue to offer on-going maintenance, support and enhancements.
After establishing the brief, we set out by creating an initial proposal and strategy for the project. Throughout the project, we reviewed, refined and enhanced based on usability, functionality and evolving scope of requirements. We achieved everything we set out to do based on Geomatrix’s requirements, but we also enhanced the website in many more ways too.
Some of the features and functionality of the website include: -Random featured products. -Creation of a bespoke, very easy, manageable CMS facility, that allowed for easy addition of new products, accessories, the cross relationship management of these and ability to manage all content on the site.
- Product search facility (uses JSON so is kept up to date with based on the CMS), allows the user to find a product really quickly, and has an auto-complete functionality, based on all existing products on the website.
- Product pages features, such as tabs of information for videos, galleries, downloads data tables.
- Dynamic PDF data-sheets based on existing website content, this ensures these are fully up to date and removes management from the client.
- News and Events that are featured dynamically on the homepage. Events are auto removed based on event date, as events pass.
- Online repair request form.
- Ability to make quick enquiry from any page and specify if rental or purchase enquiry.
- Clear highlighting for all rental products.
- Cross relationship for product accessories and related products.
- A very large and comprehensive website, made simple to manage, navigate and access information.
- Uses Src and Sizes to deliver the latest in enhanced imagery for responsive platforms.
As with all Amasci created websites, we undertake extensive performance enhancements, and deliver a finalised website, that not only looks great, but also includes all the latest best practices and modern standards.